Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fanart and zombies

Sorry for the late update – things have been crazy at home: we had bed bug alarm in the building. No bed bugs in my room, thankfully so far, but I have been terribly paranoid fort he past two weeks. Additionally, my laptop refused to power up after a DELL technician “repaired” – so no laptop for almost a week and no replacement by the company (seriously, baaad costumer service – except that one lady, she was awesome). Then, after being an extra at a zombie shoot for a documentary (title to be announced) I caught a bad summer cold (no kidding, I got an INFECTION after being at a zombie shoot, hilarious).

Anyways, my art has suffered under the stress of the last weeks, but I’m trying to get back on track. I decided to do a piece of fanart for a book I’m reading. Seriously: Fanart is great because it’s something to be passionate about. The book I’m talking about is “The Lies of Locke Lamora” by Scott Lynch, a newcomer in the fantasy sector. The book features a gang of honorable thieves in a very interesting fantasy city based on middle age and Victorian Venice plus pirates, magic and other awesome stuff.
I made a picture showing the two main characters, Locke and his friend Jean.

5 comments:

Scott Lynch said...

I believe that there is nothing I can say to this more eloquent than "OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE."

Cheers,

SL
*****
scott@scottlynch.us

queenmob said...

Holy shit I'm super honored!!!!! Thanks so much for the comment. Reading the second book now and enjoying it!

All the best to you+good luck for your upcoming books!

Anonymous said...

haha. nice ;) and scott... who designs the cover of the next book? go queen go!

btw. anna-maria ...we need m0Ar queenmob shirts! :)


raphael, you know who

Scott Lynch said...

I'm pretty sure that's Benjamin Carre, who does great stuff for Bragelonne, my publisher in France.

SL

queenmob said...

Love the covers! He is doing a great job!